Monday, May 30, 2016

Sabbatical Day 22 (5.30.16) - Family Time in Florida

I spent the last two days in Atlanta visiting my youngest aunt. My grams is staying with her because her house is getting renovated. I arrived in Atlanta after a short flight Saturday morning and my good friend Sean picked me up. As soon as I stepped out of the terminal I felt the heat and pretty much started sweating immediately!

The last time I visited Atlanta was when I was 9. I had three distinct memories from that trip: 1) I was traumatized by the tram in the airport because I followed someone on the tram thinking it was my aunt. Got caught between the doors, then ended up riding to the next terminal crying. 2) It was the first place I experienced racism. I was at a Barnes and Nobles and a lady said something to me about being Chinese. 3) Atlanta is where I became addicted to Days of Our Lives. I spent the whole week on my aunt's couch and tuning into Days everyday.

It's been a great few days. The food is good, the beer is good, even the weather (during the early am and dusk) is good!

This morning we drove a good 6 hours to my aunt's beach house near Panama City, FL. I must have had low expectations because the beach is awesome! And the beach house is like a little vacation getaway. The younger generation went to the local Publix and bought so many groceries. We cooked a delicious feast and bought a good amount of alcohol. Looking forward to the next few days!

No comments: