Monday, May 9, 2016

Sabbatical Day 1 - The long awaited sabbatical finally starts!

Today is day one of my hiatus from working life . I saw an inspirational quote today on IG which said " This is your Monday morning reminder that you are powerful beyond measure, that you are capable of pretty much anything you are willing to work for, and that you could change your life TODAY."

It seemed very fitting that I read this quote today. I woke up charged and ready to do a bunch of things. I'd been anticipating this day for weeks...no, months! I planned to meditate, write this blog post, go to a workout class, make lunch, then spend 3 hours on my TESOL certificate. (I even blocked time on my calendar for all these things). But of course just like life, my day didn't go as planned.

I did get to most of those things eventually so it was definitely a reminder to myself that:
1) It's ok if things don't always go as planned
2) Be grateful and proud of myself of what I was able to accomplish - and to stay positive!

As I revive this blog, I'm hoping to document my time away from work and my travels. I don't want to write that it's going to be this amazing experience and that I'm going to be changed from it. I want to keep my expectations low, but also want to just be in the moment and experience this very special time that I decided to take.

No comments: