Monday, May 16, 2016

Sabbatical Day 6 - Happiness

I want to piggyback off of yesterday's post to talk about happiness. I think everyone wants to live a happy life. It rings so true to me that happiness isn't a destination and it's a way of life. I think whenever you feel unhappy it's good to step back and re-assess. 

I think it is hard to explain this especially to my parents and James' parents. They're worried that we aren't planning for our future because they can't fathom taking a break and traveling. Of course our parent's generation cannot understand that because of how they were raised. 

I see it that we are planning for our future. If I didn't decide to step back and re-assess now, I could definitely keep working and I could definitely be OK for a while. But once we started a family, I'd always wonder what it would have been like had we lived abroad. The worst thing I would want is to resent my family, resent my child for what we could have done. 

Yes, I'm not making money. But I'm investing in myself and I just doing that makes me happy already!

No comments: