Thursday, May 12, 2016

Days 3 and 4

I am writing this post on day 4. Yesterday we spent our day at the Korean Consulate (we also learned that embassies are only in the country's capital. Locations in any other city is called a consulate!). It was interesting because it felt like a glimpse it what my life will be like once we arrive in Seoul. Which is, me following James around while he speaks to people in Korean for us.

After we left the consulate, he mentioned something to me which I thought was interesting. We went to the consulate because we needed to know what type of visa we should get. When he tried asking the lady who was helping us and was very nice doing so, she wasn't helpful and would just give him instructions. She didn't try to give him any additional information or assistance and go above and beyond. Once he was a little bit more forceful and asserted himself, she then gave him more information.

Super annoying that someone is like that. Our visit to the consulate ended up being longer than we thought it would be!

Random thought, but things just take so much longer than we think! People are asking me what I do all day, and usually I can get one big thing accomplished a day! I guess that goes back to my first post, though. So I should be happy that I did accomplish that one thing. Yay me!

No comments: