Thursday, December 10, 2009

you cant always get what you want, can you?


so im watching the season finale of glee and this song pops up. it seemed only appropriate to use it for the title of my entry today. since ive moved to new york, ive had a lot of trouble really living in new york. ive complained countless times to james that i felt that i am living a half-life here and that the only thing that keeps me here is my job. it made sense to me. nothing can always be perfect. you cant always get what you want, right? in san francisco, i had my entire extended family within 30 minutes driving distance, an amazing group of friends, and young man named yong suk. everything was pretty fabulous except i dreaded waking up everyday to go to work because i hate my job so much.
moving out east i have finally found a job i love, but i have gone through the year unhappy and wishing i was at home. i felt the friends i made here were not comparable to the ones at home. today i realized that im just a little brat. and that i DO have friends. sometimes its just hard for me to appreciate things! its totally possible to get what you want....

this is my outfit from wednesday which im super proud of because the whole outfit cost less than $20!!

dress: BCBG
tank: XXI
tights (not shown): dkny

i also have to mention that this is one out of 5 black and white dresses i own. they're all different patterns, but patterned nonetheless. i would have never thought of myself as a patterned dress person....but maybe i am?

No comments: