Monday, December 14, 2009

good deals in nyc


today my friend hana found the best deal EVER. monday nights seem like the times to dine about town in this city at lower prices in the nicer restaurants. we headed to paris commune for a ginormous steak, french fries and salad for....
....
....
....
....
$12.95
...........wtf right? i was saying that i couldn't even get a steak at chili's or applebee's for
that price! AND we each took half of our steaks home. madness i say!

wow, this sounds like a yelp review, but it's so not. i don't think i have even posted a single yelp review since i got here.

before i talk about my monday, let me talk about my sunday (or lack thereof). it rained all day and i left the house only to hit up morton williams to do some grocery shopping. at home i cooked, baked, cleaned and packed. it was the best sunday ive had in a while. since i didnt leave the house, i didnt wear anything but sweat pants and it was perfection. sorry, but i dont have pictures of my perfection. id be too sexy and irresistable.

i left work super early today because my reservations at commune were at 7 and i had a few things i needed to get done today:

1) buy conductive thread
2) go to uniqlo
3) find presents

i was productive enough in an hour and a half to get all of those done. keep in mind that i only relied on my legs to get everywhere too.....im super woman!

i hate how cold it is in ny and i cant use my phone without taking off my damn gloves. so i looked online for those iphone compatible gloves. to my dismay they were almost $30...not to mention i would have to wait for them to ship and who knows when i would get them during this holiday rush. i did more google research and found out i could make them with conductive thread! the only problem was that i needed to find where conductive thread was sold but finally found it at the nyu computer store. when i got home tonight i tested t
he thread on my own pair of gloves and IT WORKED! friends with iphones and touch screens, be excited because ill be spending my 14 hour plane trip on friday sewing for you!!
sweater: club monaco
tank: wet seal
pants: express

No comments: