Wednesday, January 26, 2011

celiac disease


so a few months ago i was telling my boss that i have chronic headaches and she suggested that i might be allergic to gluten. i kinda shrugged it off because i thought my headaches would go away with proper use of my mouthguard. unfortunately, the mouthguard hasn't made the headaches go away completely.

a few weeks ago i decided to try going gluten-free. i've been doing a lot of reading on celiac disease and one of the blogs i follow did a piece on it so i decided to write about it too. i'm planning on going to my doctor in the next few weeks go check it out but man eating gluten-free is HARD. thank goodness i'm asian and can eat lots of rice and know of about all of the gluten-free noodles. not eating bread is REALLY hard. not eating baked goods is even harder but it's awesome that they do have gluten free bakeries and mixes out there! (check out the gluten-free brownie mix at trader joes!) it's even harder to not drink beer....but thank goodness whiskey and scotch are gluten-free.

i'm hoping my blood panel comes out negative for celiac disease but for now...gluten-free is the way to be for me!!

No comments: