Monday, November 30, 2009

happy anniversary SNL and NYC


it's hard to believe that one year ago today i got off that flight from sjc to jfk and made the move to new york. i always thought people were such pansies for crying at airports but when i was in sjc last year i was stuck to my mom sobbing like a little kid! i think ive come a long way since then and my skin has gotten damn thick.

so as promised here is day one picture.

recap in case you just started reading. i have too much clothing and am doing a little experiment to see how often i actually wear the stuff i buy. sooooo i chose to start taking pictures of what i wear everytime i go out and tallying it up. (its crazy, i know) if i don't wear something for 6 months im gonna either take it home or give it away.

the funny thing is that over the thanksgiving holiday i proved even further why i need to do this little experiment of mine. some background: most of my clothing is at my mom's house in los gatos zipped up in vacuum sealed bags. i basically have two closets full, and few more bags under my bed there. when i went home i looked through my clothing and found a bunch of things i forgot i had. i thought i had lost my fav A/X jeans but they were there the whole time!! i also found a grey turtleneck in my closet when i had JUST bought one a few weeks ago!! long story short i started to do inventory on my clothing. i have an excel with color, description, brand, size, and in which bag the clothing is (yes, even more crazy). i havent finished yet, but ill finish over christmas break. i am also starting an excel with the tally counts of what i end up wearing. excel is so awesome....expect some monthly and quarterly reports to see which articles of clothing are the winners!!

im excited to see how this will turn out for a few reasons:

1) obviously to see how often i wear the stuff i buy
2) to help me curb my spending
3) the possibility that i could use this blog as a simpleton start to mine and jan's website idea from college

sweater: Martin and Osa
cami: Banana Republic
jeans (not in picture): Ann Taylor Loft

ps. sorry for the not so good quality of my pics...

7 comments:

Sharon said...

You are too cute! I remember you mentioning this experiment last March. Can't wait to see more outfits. Keep 'em coming!

Sharon said...

BTW u are a giant nerd.

karen said...

Yay! Now I can blog-stalk you!!!

P.S. I did the same thing (sans excel chart) over the weekend at my mom's house... oy, too much clothes and shoes.

oneABCinTPEots said...

show bottoms PLEASE! :) haha cant wait to see more.

haanaluyah said...

OooOooO model poses ... my verification word for this comment was enyma..

Unknown said...

ummm i love the highlighted, color-coordinated excel grid. LOVE.

Jan said...

you're nuts. does this mean blog posts every day? wheeeee.