Saturday, December 24, 2016

Sabbatical Day 231 (12.25.16) - Christmas in Korea

This is our first Christmas in Korea and I'm trying to decide if I like it or not. I know that I'm definitely not used to it. It's not a crazy holiday where people are fighting each other over parking spaces and items at the store. (The shops are always just crowded in Korea as it is!) It fell on a Sunday this year and Sundays always seem to be quiet in Seoul.

The weird thing is, while Korea is very festive and they put lights up everywhere along with decorations, there isn't that same Christmas feeling. In the US I feel like people are just in a better mood around Christmas-time because they eat a lot, get to see their families, and get gifts.

Regardless, it's just a surreal experience because I'm used to seeing family on the holiday and ramping up to it. But this year, it's just me and James. He is my family now so I am seeing him!

No comments: