Monday, October 24, 2016

Sabbatical Day 169 (10.24.16) - Hiccup

We've been in Seoul for four months now and I had a breakdown yesterday. I'd been arguing with my mom because I got sick of her backhanded comments regarding me not working and leaving my job. She automatically thinks of the worst case scenarios and even though I've been here for so long, she still isn't able to accept it.

So I brought it up to James and he told me that I maybe hadn't given my mom enough reassurance that I was happy here. I don't actually think that what I say matters to her because she is set in her ways. So then he made me ask myself why I say I am happy in Seoul. My answer to him wasn't convincing enough and I got very upset.

Why am I happier now than when I was in SF?

I think it is because I'm doing what I want to do and I have the liberty to start whatever else I want to start. All in all, I feel independent. If I want to learn to how to knit, I learn how to knit. If I want to get my yoga certification, that's what I'll do.

Is that enough?

No comments: