Friday, August 19, 2016

Sabbatical Day 96 (8.13.16) - Yoga Teacher Training

I've always like Yoga as a means of exercise. When I came to Seoul I thought it would be a good time to deepen my practice and go through teacher training. I am not sure if I necessarily want to teach, but that can always be decided later.

I did as much research as I could (since I am limited to English searches only) and found a school that teaches in English. I went to one class and was a little taken aback because the class was very different from classes I've taken in the past. I'm used to Vinyasa or Bikram with a lot of movement and this class the poses were held for 30-60 seconds with a short break in between.

However, I decided to attend their free workshop class which was an intro to their teacher training course and James came along with me. In this workshop, we learned that Yoga is not so much an exercise, but a way to balance your energy. I will update more as I learn more, but long story short...we are both doing the teacher training course and will be staying in Korea for a little longer than planned so that we can finish the course.

I am so excited for it!

No comments: